The BMC (DMC) material is an abbreviation for Bulk (Dough) molding compounds, ie a bulk molding compound. In China, it is often referred to as an unsaturated polyester bulk molding compound. The main raw material consists of GF (chopped glass fiber), UP (unsaturated resin), MD (filler), and various additives that are fully mixed with a dough-like prepreg. DMC materials were first applied in the former West Germany and the United Kingdom in the 1960s, and then in the United States and Japan in the 1970s and 1980s, respectively. Due to the excellent electrical properties, mechanical properties, heat resistance, chemical resistance, and adaptability to various molding processes, BMC aggregates can meet the performance requirements of various products.
Therefore, it is widely used in various fields.
• Material properties:
• High and stable insulation performance: The breakdown voltage of electrical performance is above 12KV/mm, and the resistance is high;
• Excellent mechanical properties: high mechanical strength, bending strength in the lOOMPa ~ 140MPa;
• High temperature resistance: long-term use at low temperature of -30 degrees and high temperature of 150 degrees, no brittleness at low temperatures, no deformation at high temperatures, no softening (heat distortion temperature of 240 degrees):
• Good flame-retardant performance: BMC products have high flame-retardant rating and can do UL certification;
• Corrosion and anti-aging: BMC material has good corrosion and anti-aging properties, and its product performance is high:
• Rich colors: BMC materials can be configured with different colors as needed;
• Weight clear: Due to the small specific gravity of BMC, its products have the characteristics of light weight and high mechanical strength;
• Low water absorption: BMC material has a very low water absorption;
• The product has a smooth surface, uniform color, and is not easily scratched;
• After molding or injection molding, the product has the characteristics of clear specific gravity and high mechanical strength.
• The product has anti-corrosion, anti-aging properties;
• The product is characterized by high temperature, anti-condensation, and other materials that cannot be provided;
• Can be widely used in electrical, electrical, automotive, chemical, communications, railway, and other fields.