SMC composite material is the abbreviation of Sheet molding compound, namely sheet molding compound. The main raw material consists of GF (special yarn), UP (unsaturated resin), low shrinkage additive, MD (filler) and various additives. It first appeared in Europe in the early 1960s. Around 1965, the United States and Japan successively developed this process. In the late 1980s, China introduced advanced SMC production lines and production processes. Because SMC molding compound has excellent mechanical properties, electrical properties, heat resistance, chemical resistance, light weight, easy engineering design, and flexibility, its mechanical properties can be comparable to some metal materials, so it is widely used in various field. Such as engineering machinery, electrical engineering, electrical, transportation vehicles, construction, chemicals, communications, railways and other fields.
• Lightweight and high strength: Specific strength and specific modulus are one of the indicators to measure the bearing capacity of materials. The specific modulus of SMC material is comparable to that of steel, but its specific strength can reach 4 times that of steel.
• Good electrical properties: The SMC materials used in the manufacture of electrical products have the following electrical properties: Insulation protection and creepage resistance indicators Conform to DIN/VDE related standards. This material not only has excellent electrical insulation, but also maintains good dielectric properties at high frequencies, is immune to electromagnetic effects, and does not reflect electromagnetic waves.
• Chemical resistance: The dimensionally-reinforced polyester material has excellent corrosion resistance to acids, alkalis, salts, organic solvents, and seawater, while metallic materials are not resistant to acids and seawater.
• Anti-fatigue performance: SMC material has slightly better tensile strength than steel. The ultimate fatigue resistance of steel materials and most metal materials is 40% to 50% of their tensile strength. The fatigue limit of SMC materials is generally higher than this. A value of up to 70%-80%.
• Low thermal conductivity, low enthalpy expansion coefficient: Thermal stress generated when there is a temperature difference is much smaller than metal.
• Flame-retardant, smoke-free, non-toxic: fire-retardant SMC material, flame-retardant grade up to FV0 (highest non-metallic material level)
• Long service life: After a simulated aging test, it shows that its service life is more than 20 years, far exceeding the traditional materials such as metal. The use history of Europe can prove that its service life is at least 20 years.
• The product has a smooth surface, uniform color, and is not easily scratched (color can be blended as needed). • After the product is molded, it has a clear specific gravity and high mechanical strength.
• The product has anti-corrosion, anti-aging properties;
• The product is characterized by high temperature, anti-condensation, and other materials that cannot be provided;
• Widely used in engineering machinery, electrical engineering, electrical, transportation vehicles, construction, chemical engineering, communications, railways and other fields.